Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Honeysuckle Candle Bath & Body Works

This review is on the Spring 2013 version of the 4 ounce White Barn candle "Honeysuckle".

Initial impressions:
WOW! I have stated before that I really love foody-type scents, so the fall time is my favorite time to stock up on candles! I had to go to Bath & Body Works to get some more lotions and decided to smell some of the new spring scents! This is the one that really stood out to me! I immediately recalled parts of my childhood riding horses in the early summer on trail rides sprinkled with honeysuckle. Wonderful! So far, this is one of the few spring 2013 candles that I have enjoyed.

Burn:
This candle burns great. It pools out quickly and I have had no problems getting a nice deep, even wax pool out of it. The wick on it is one of the thicker ones. This candle mushroom-tops (carbon deposits) like you wouldn't believe! Never in my life have I seen a B&BW candle form a mushroom top so fast! From my understanding the mushroom tops are usually found on the stronger-scented candles and help the candle form a deeper wax pool faster. It definitely keeps the flames dancing higher!


Scent throw:
The scent throw on this candle is very high for a 4 ounce candle. I can smell honeysuckles throughout the entire house if I light it in my room. That's a fantastic throw for something so small. I tend to get headaches with overpowering and complex scents, however I find this one to be great. Even though it has a powerful throw it isn't all-consuming.

Overall:
This is a fantastic spring scent and really one of the only ones that I like. The burn and throw were practically flawless for me and the scent was great. I'm usually not one for spring/floral scents but I found this to be a great one! 

4.5/5 stars, though probably won't be waiting in line to re-purchase (the scent was great but not an all-time favorite!). 





No comments:

Post a Comment