Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cashmere Glow Body Lotion

Cashmere Glow is a scent that was released from Bath & Body Works in October of 2012, making it still a very new scent. It is categorized under the "Warm and Cozy" scents of the store's products. It is currently part of the permanent Signature Collection and is available year-round. It's not something I tried until very recently and I'm in love!


Scent: This is definitely a warm and cozy scent...it reminds me of sweaters and cold weather or a candle-lit night. I usually go for foody-type scents (especially straight up sugar cookie vanilla), however this scent is just divine to me. While Bath & Body Works claims it is a very complex scent with some florals thrown in all I can really smell is an amazing vanilla peach with a hint of musk. Perfection. 

Top Notes: Bergamont, Golden Peach, Pink Guava, Exotic Berries, Gilded Apricot
Mid Notes: Glowing Muguet Petals, Mimosa, Fluffy Peony, Fresh Jasmine
Dry Notes: Shimmering Vanilla, Dulce de Leche, Sandalwood, Cashmere Musk

Essentially, most of these scents I smell very little of...I don't get any of the fruity notes (except for the peach), I get almost none of the floral notes (good! I'm not a fan of strong florals) and I definitely can smell most of the dry notes. I'm glad for this. I do not like extremely complex scents!


Performance: The lotion itself is the usual run-of-the-mill Bath & Body Works lotion. It's a bit runny (much more so than the Triple Moisture Body Cream and the Body Butter). On my skin it tends to take a few minutes to completely soak in, but once it does it does not leave my skin greasy or oily. It does not, however, do the best job in the entire world of moisturizing (let's face it, if you want the scent you go to Bath & Body Works, if you NEED extreme moisture, go with Nivea), but for light moisturizing and getting the scent you want I think it does a great job. 

Most of Bath & Body Work's lotions are simply white, however this one does have a slight peach/cream color to it, which is nice...it adds to the warmness of the scent, in my opinion. Very nice touch! 

Packaging: The packaging on Cashmere Glow is definitely warm and inviting...I'm not really entirely sure what it IS, but it reminds me of candles, blankets, and a warm cozy home during the winter. Maybe even a few Christmas lights strung here and there. The regular lotion now comes in two sizes: the standard 8 oz clear bottle and the travel sized 3 oz bottle which has a slight orange/brown tint to it. Both bottles come with the regular pop-top, however with my 8 oz I replaced this with the Bath & Body Works sparkle pump ($3.50 in stores, see full picture below). 


I'll probably do another post on why I loooove these sparkle pumps (and also one reason I hate them). 

Overall, I give this product a 5/5 for scent and Bath & Body Works' usual functionality. Keep in mind if you're wanting this as a total moisturizing lotion, it probably rates more near a 3/5. 


No comments:

Post a Comment